Github user DanielYWoo commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1240

    Thanks for explanation. In our case, we have a web server layer on top of
many layers of backends which communicate in thrift, e,g.

    > web server -> backend A -> backend B -> backend C.

    It will be very difficult for trouble shooting on the web server or backend
A. Since we will never ever show exception message from the web server to the
browser or client app, so there is no way to trigger an exception and see the
details of the backend servers. I believe the developers of the web servers or
API gateways have the responsibility to keep the details no leaking to the
outside of the world. Enforcing security at the thrift layer is fine but I just
hope there is an alternative or option to enable this.

    Would you accept a global configurable variable for this?

---
with INFRA.
---