Hi,

We're working on Common Lisp support for Thrift. I've run into a
little issue while implementing cross-tests - namely this bit:

  /**
   * Print 'testException(%s)' with arg as '%s'
   * @param string arg - a string indication what type of exception to throw
   * if arg == "Xception" throw Xception with errorCode = 1001 and message = arg
   * elsen if arg == "TException" throw TException
   * else do not throw anything
   */
  void testException(1: string arg) throws(1: Xception err1),

Is there some specification on how TException is supposed to work? I
understand it is a parent of any exception type defined by the user in
the IDL file, but I thought that would be purely an implementation
detail of specific languages so that they can make clauses that catch
all user-defined errors they receive via Thrift. But apparently, it
should be possible to send it explicitly via the protocol, without it
being defined in the IDL?

Or maybe it's meant to test the TApplicationException, as defined
here:
https://erikvanoosten.github.io/thrift-missing-specification/#_response_struct
? Supposed to be sent not like a user-defined exception (message type
Reply), but with a message of type Exception?