Github user jeking3 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1491

    I get an error that may be unrelated when I run cross tests on --server
nodejs locally.  This one test failes sporadically and I don't know if it could
be related to these changes; the client has to be killed in this scenario, I
don't know if it is because the server is unresponsive or not.  I may just
disable this one test for the merge.

    ```

    *** Following 1 failures were unexpected ***:
    If it is introduced by you, please fix it before submitting the code.

    server-client:          protocol:         transport:               result:
    nodejs-cpp              json              buffered-ip-ssl
failure(timeout)

    Unexpected failures are logged to test/log/unexpected_failures.log
    You can browse results at:
        file:///thrift/src/test/index.html
    # If you use Chrome, run:
    #   cd /thrift/src
    #   python -m http.server 8001
    # then browse:
    #   http://localhost:8001/test/
    Full log for each test is here:
        test/log/server_client_protocol_transport_client.log
        test/log/server_client_protocol_transport_server.log
    1 failed of 193 tests in total.
    Test execution took 30.1 seconds.
    Mon Mar 19 19:40:15 2018
    root@3d39d5d9eb3c:/thrift/src# tail
test/log/nodejs-cpp_json_buffered-ip-ssl_client.log
    testBinary(siz = 4096)
    testBinary(siz = 8192)
    testBinary(siz = 16384)
    testBinary(siz = 32768)
    testBinary(siz = 65536)
    testBinary(siz = 131072)

    Return code: -15 (negative values indicate kill by signal)
    Test execution took 8.0 seconds.
    Mon Mar 19 19:40:11 2018
    root@3d39d5d9eb3c:/thrift/src# tail
test/log/nodejs-cpp_json_buffered-ip-ssl_server.log
    Mon Mar 19 19:40:03 2018
    Executing: node server.js --type=tcp --protocol=json --transport=buffered
--ssl --port=39155
    Directory: /thrift/src/lib/nodejs/test
    config:delay: 5
    config:timeout: 8

    Return code: -1 (negative values indicate kill by signal)
    Test execution took 8.3 seconds.
    Mon Mar 19 19:40:11 2018
    ```

---