+1

________________________________
From: James E. King III <jk...@apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2018 7:58 AM
To: dev@thrift.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Thrift 0.12.0 (RC0)

Apache Thrift PMC Members,

While thrift 0.12.0 was tagged and announced as a release it was not done
so according to typical ASF standards (that's on me). One of the standards
is to publish binaries and archives and sign them, which is what I am doing
now (along with a significant update of the release documentation).
Therefore I have created a 0.12.0-rc0 release archive to vote for release:

The tag to be voted on is v0.12.0 (commit 384647d):
https://github.com/apache/thrift/tree/v0.12.0

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/thrift/0.12.0-rc0/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/jking.asc

Please vote on releasing these artifacts as Apache Thrift 0.12.0!

The vote is open until Friday, January 04, at 20:00 UTC due to the holidays
and passes if at least three positive votes from the active PMC group are
cast.
If the vote fails we will abandon 0.12.0 and immediately create a 0.12.1
release
that goes through the proper release process including voting before tag
and upload to
third party package managers.

[ ] +1 Release these artifacts as Apache Thrift 0.12.0
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because ... (say why!)

The CHANGES file contains a complete list of changes in the release:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/thrift/v0.12.0/CHANGES

There are some late-breaking release notes for known issues found during
the release process:

- [dart] the license file in lib/dart was not named correctly to work
with dart pub however this was corrected before `pub publish`. This change
will be pulled into master when 0.12.0 is manually merged into master.
- [perl] the module version was set to 'v0.12.0_0' instead of 'v0.12.0'
however this was corrected in the CPAN upload. This change does not affect
master. It will not affect usage.
- [swift] the Thrift.podspec "s.source:tag" specified '0.12.0' instead of
'v0.12.0'. This may still be functional due to the 0.12.0 branch which is
identical to the v0.12.0 tag.
- [swift] the Thrift-swift3.podspec "s.source:tag" specified '0.12.0'
instead of 'v0.12.0' This may still be functional due to the 0.12.0 branch
which is identical to the v0.12.0 tag.

To learn more about Apache Thrift, please see
https://thrift.apache.org/