From: James E. King III
Sent: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 9:08 PM
To: dev@thrift.apache.org
Subject: Re: Support for lib/csharp .NET Framework before 4.5?

We already support netstandard2.0 (.NET Core SDK 2.0) and build
lib/netcore and run cross tests with that.  The docker build image
(build/docker/ubuntu-bionic/Dockerfile) defines the version we build
against.  I was wondering about the .NET 3.5 in lib/csharp and
whether we really need a 3.5 and a 4.5 csproj.  It's not a big deal
really, just a small simplification, but if a lot of people are still on
.NET 3.5 then we may decide not to remove support for it yet.

- Jim