Have you tried the master branch of thrift?
As far as I know the boost/predef deprecation warnings were resolved
since 0.12.0 was released.

I found some openssl deprecations as well, I will submit a PR to clean
that up in a backwards-compatible way.

It also sounds like you are building with "warnings as errors".
We do not currently do that.

- Jim