@all,

In THRIFT-5347, Philipp Hausmann started the discussion whether or not the
Apache Thrift Haskell bindings are still worth maintaining or if we should drop
them from the code base. I don’t want to repeat all the arguments here, so if
you need details please look at that ticket.

Therefore, I’d like to ask the question what the community thinks about this
particular piece of the code base.

a) Is anyone out there who is still using Apache Thrift Haskell bindings?
b) What would be the consensus if we follow the proposal  to drop Haskell
support from Apache Thrift  entirely?

So this is your personal opportunity to veto (and step up as a maintainer).

As with AS3 the support would be deprecated for 0.15.0 and finally removed with
0.16.0 (or whatever the number will be).

According to Apache’s Lazy Consensus policy, if there is no significant opinion
against Haskell deprecation, I add the deprecation message at the end of the
week to master and take care about the necessary follow-up after next release.

Have fun,
JensG