Hi,

Yes, I have seen that mail as well:
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/thrift-user/202107.mbox/%3c03439030-2f4c-4a2a-ae21-5daeaac2d...@contoso.com%3E

The only spec we have is what is in the source tree, you found it already.
https://github.com/apache/thrift/tree/master/doc/specs

Additionally there may be some things buried in the various JIRA tickets
that’'s not yet in the github repo. Plus we have some README like stuff in most
of the lib folders, covering language specific stuff.

>  Pls Read section 10 carefully since we’d need to get a license from apache
> under the precise terms defined there.

To be honest, I have no idea what you are talking about here. Especially
because there is no section 10 in that linked document. All of the ASFs open
source is under (big surprise) Apache 2.0 license, which is pretty permissive.
If it is legal advice you’re after I would point you to the ASFs legal mailing
list instead.

Does that answer your question(s)?

Have fun,
JensG