If making it not a reserved word is infeasible, my next suggestion would be
to rename it to something like "tuuid" (similar to how we prefix t to a lot
of the names).

It would still be a big breaking change if someone have a thrift file with
a field/type named tuuid, but that's far less likely compare to the name
uuid.