@all,

since this matter seems to be stuck at some point where there are a lot of people waiting for the packages on one side and there are not enough py-interested active maintainers on the other end, I'd say we should look, if we can close the gap in some other way.

Is there anybody out there willing to invest some time and contribute a patch that brings this whole py-lib upload into some form with scripts, documentation or whatever else is suitable that can be executed by someone who's otherwise not using Python at all (like myself) easily and as painlesss as possible?

That would be a great step forward. And yes, we're always looking for great Thrift developers to earn committer stripes.

Have fun,

JensG