On Feb 13, 2011, at 9:09pm, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:

Hi Folks,

I have posted a candidate for the Apache Tika 0.9 release. The source code
is at:

http://people.apache.org/~mattmann/apache-tika-0.9/rc1/

See the included CHANGES.txt file for details on release contents and latest changes. The release was made using the Maven2 release plugin, according to
Jukka Zitting's notes:

http://tinyurl.com/yz2cqls

This plugin creates a Tika 0.9 tag at:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tika/tags/0.9/

And a staged M2 repository at repository.apache.org, here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetika-061/

Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Tika 0.9. The vote is open for the next 72 hours. Only votes from Tika PMC are binding, but everyone
is welcome to check the release candidate and voice their approval or
disapproval. The vote passes if at least three binding +1 votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release the packages as Apache Tika 0.9.

[ ] -1 Do not release the packages because...

+1

We've been using Tika trunk for the past few weeks, and recently fetched/parsed 550M pages - no problems encountered. Just FYI, these were limited to HTML/PDF/images.

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378
http://bixolabs.com