On Fri, 7 Jun 2013, Ray Gauss II wrote:
I think the Parser interface Javadoc would make sense as a place to document, but I don't know if there is an existing policy.

It might be helpful if some kind soul could take a few hours to review all the existing parsers, and give a summary of what they seem to do on invalid or empty documents (eg 5 throw a tika exception, 1 a sax exception, 8 do start then end, 2 do nothing). I don't know what those numbers will be, but that may help us work out if there's almost a standard we can aim for or not!

Nick