On Thu, 11 Jul 2013, Kai-Uwe Schmidt wrote:
I am trying to use Tika to extract metadata from eml's created via Novell Groupwise. By this I ran into a problem with the dedection of "message/rfc822". The MagicDetector (working with the default tika-mimetypes.xml) compares the "match" values binary. RFC822 describes the header attributes are case independent (see http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0822.txt 3.4.7). So MIME-Version is the same than Mime-Version

Best bet is to open a bug in jira, and upload a (small!) sample file that shows the problem. We'll need to tweak the mime rules to include that case combination too. (IIRC, the mime magic rules don't support case insensitive matching)

Nick