Hi Stefano,

On 29 Dec 2013, at 11:46, Stefano Fornari <stefano.forn...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Ok, sounds good. I may take
>> TIKA-1078<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1078>;
> maybe it is not the most interesting one, but since I am not familiar with
> tika hacking, it could be a good starting point.

Nice one. Feel free to post questions if you have them, we’re a friendly bunch
:-)

>> Alternatively, I would backport the fix to 1.4 so that we could release a
>>> 1.4.1 quickly. What do you think?
>>
>> With a release for 1.5 potentially just around the corner, my opinion
>> would be that I think it would be better to focus on addressing anything
>> that blocks releasing that instead of creating a back-port and then going
>> through the release process for 1.4.1.
>>
> I tend to agree, but IMHO this really depends on when 1.5 is foreseeable.
> If it takes still some while, or it is still undefined, it may make sense
> release an update to 1.4. At the end it is out with a quite remarkable bug
> and the only fix at the moment is to build a new 1.5 SNAPSHOT. What do the
> others think?

I take your point on this as well - will be interesting to see what others
think and happy to go with consensus. In terms of the 1.5 release getting out,
it is up to us - the Tika community - to define if it is ready to ship or not.
It may be simplest to take a view at the end of the DISCUSS thread I posted
earlier to see how close we are to a 1.5 RC?

Cheers,
Dave