De : Ray Gauss II [mailto:ray.ga...@alfresco.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 8 janvier 2014 11:49
À : dev@tika.apache.org
Objet : Re: Extract thumbnail from openxml office files

Hi Hong-Thai,

It’s certainly worth investigating.  Several other formats can have embedded
thumbnails as well so we could implement a generic thumbnail property.

We could probably store as something like a Base64 encoded string, but we’d
likely want to place limits on the size and may need a thumbnail internet media
type field as well to assist in decoding.

Unless others feel differently, I would say open a JIRA where we could start
discussing the design of such a feature.

Thanks!

Ray