On Thu, 27 Feb 2014, Vadim Roizman wrote:
No, it probably just pops up in google results, bun then it propagates:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21929040/special-characters-stored-when-extracting-content-from-microsoft-word-documents#comment33371269_22007797

It seems they're being generated by a part of the maven reports plugin, which is getting them wrong and I can't work out how to stop it even trying. My workaround is to delete the dependencies files and blacklist them in svn:ignore so they won't get re-committed.

Suggestions on how to either make them work properly, or how to properly exclude that part of the report gratefully received!

Nick