On Tue, 20 May 2014, Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote:
* - what is the external name used by users.   tika-vm.a.o is solely for
ssh, not for public *

This is entirely up to you guys. Over in Any23 we were lucky enough to have
someone on the project team own any23.org... what about
service.tika.apache.org? Or something else maybe?

How about demo.tika.apache.org?

*- do you intent to use https ?   if yes the traffic will go a proxy server
*
I don't think that this is required but you guys may think differently. In
the set up of the Any23 VM, I provisioned mod_proxy_ajp module for proxy
between Tomcat where the Any23 Web Application was running and incoming
traffic via Apache HTTPD. TIka Server is a standalone server though
right... it's not packaged as a war.

I think there's an open request for a war version, if you fancy tackling that...!

SSL might be nice to have, to allow people to try Tika out with moderately confidential data, but it might cause problems for the *.apache.org wildcard cert if we use demo.tika.apache.org. I guess tika-demo.apache.org might work and fix that. What do others think?

*- does your software use login   Then you must use https: *

AFAIK the Tika service does not have a security layer. Can someone confirm.

It is open to everyone, there is no authentication possible

Which user should have access ?

It's up to you whether you want to put your name(s) here (PMC only) and I
will transfer on to INFRA-7751 or else you can add them there yourself.

I'm happy to put myself forward to help with it

*Which (if any) of the above users need sudo ?    remark we are very
restrictive with sudo. *

As long as a normal user can bounce the Tika Server process, I don't think we need sudo as the rest shouldn't normally change

Nick