On Wed, 18 Jun 2014, Ken Krugler wrote:
I'm not much of a Maven maven, so what's the right way to manually pull some subset of parsers & dependencies?

If you didn't want POI, you'd do something like:

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>${project.groupId}</groupId>
      <artifactId>tika-parsers</artifactId>
      <version>${project.version}</version>
      <exclusions>
        <exclusion>
          <groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>
          <artifactId>*</artifactId>
        </exclusion>
      </exclusions>
    </dependency>
  <dependencies>

If you wanted everything except pdfbox, I believe you can do an exclusion with groupId and artifactId as both *, then explicitly list the dependency in your own pom dependencies section for pdfbox

Nick