On Tue, 22 Jul 2014, Ray Gauss wrote:
The info on what the streams are and how they relate can be conveyed via PBCore, i.e.:

pbcore:instantiationTracks=1 video track, English and Spanish audio, Director's commentary audio

Ah, that's good. Looks a sensible enough and easy to follow standard to crib from

pbcore:instantiationEssenceTrack[0]/pbcore:essenceTrackType=Video
pbcore:instantiationEssenceTrack[1]/pbcore:essenceTrackType=Audio
pbcore:instantiationEssenceTrack[1]/pbcore:essenceTrackLanguage=eng

I'm not quite so keen on these metadata keys though. Do we gain anything from this long form, vs

stream[0]/pbcore:essenceTrackType=Video
stream[1]/pbcore:essenceTrackType=Audio
stream[1]/pbcore:essenceTrackLanguage=eng

?

The current FFmpeg parser wouldn't be able to extract things like annotations, but it was only targeting the intrinsic metadata.

The Ogg parsers should be able to output that fairly easily, the only reason they don't is that I didn't know what to output as!

Nick