Sorry, link wasn’t included:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/common-crawl/Cv21VRQjGN0

From: tallison314...@gmail.com [mailto:tallison314...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2015 8:35 AM
To: d...@pdfbox.apache.org; dev@tika.apache.org; d...@poi.apache.org
Subject: Fwd: Any interest in running Apache Tika as part of CommonCrawl?

All,
  What do we think?

On Friday, April 3, 2015 at 8:23:11 AM UTC-4,
talliso...@gmail.com<mailto:talliso...@gmail.com> wrote:
CommonCrawl currently has the WET format that extracts plain text from web
pages.  My guess is that this is text stripping from text-y formats.  Let me
know if I'm wrong!

Would there be any interest in adding another format: WETT (WET-Tika) or
supplementing the current WET by using Tika to extract contents from binary
formats too: PDF, MSWord, etc.

Julien Nioche kindly carved out 220 GB for us to experiment with on
TIKA-1302<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1302> on a Rackspace vm.
But, I'm wondering now if it would make more sense to have CommonCrawl run Tika
as part of its regular process and make the output available in one of your
standard formats.

CommonCrawl consumers would get Tika output, and the Tika dev community
(including its dependencies, PDFBox, POI, etc.) could get the stacktraces to
help prioritize bug fixes.

Cheers,

          Tim