GitHub user nhojpatrick opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/tika/pull/76

    TIKA-1868 tika-server split into clean and standalone jar

    Understand based upon mailing email and jira defect this might be rejected.

    But this the change I was intending to do, my original email was to
understand if tika-server meant to be a shaded jar, which it appears to was
intended to be.

    But if you need to use classes that only live within tika-server it does
make it harder to write custom code. If the guts of tika-server where put into
another module maybe tika-server-internals then those that really need to used
classes that just live in tika-server can use tika-server-internals and
tika-server can be a simply shaded jar. Just a thought.

    $ git pull https://github.com/nhojpatrick/tika bugfix/TIKA-1868

    https://github.com/apache/tika/pull/76.patch

    This closes #76

----
commit 9b106210fa8be284b47ab5b904dcf83b0f175308
Author: John Patrick <nhoj.patr...@gmail.com>
Date:   2016-02-24T12:33:56Z

    TIKA-1868 tika-server split into clean and standalone jar

----

---
with INFRA.
---