Hello Nick,

I am working on the language detection module of Tika and was getting the
error in tika-parser while compiling the code. I didn't make any changes in
tika-parser and so for testing I cloned Tika again and tried compiling it
and got the same error.

I was just able to fix the issue by upgrading both Java and Maven.

Thank-you!

Trevor