Agreed.  Thank you, Sergey!

>> I think the next steps should be determining if there are any other breaking
>> features we'd like to include in 2.0 and perhaps we can get Tim to run the
>> 2.x branch through his massive regression test :).

I think we're a good ways away from this stage, yet; but, y, I'll be happy to
run those when it is time. :)

A few things that we still need to do:
1) remove deprecated metadata keys
2) figure out how to implement the resettable contenthandler in support of
combo-parsers (for the back-off-on-exception mode).
3) make sure that mods to trunk actually made it into 2.0.  I think there are
quite a few mods that have only been made to trunk.
4) Anything in lang detect module?
5) TIKA-1607 -- new metadata model (?)