Thanks for the help, I gave the parsers a go.  Just a question on the
PDFBox dependency you mentioned.  Will Tika 2.0 require a minimum PDFBox
version? I am embedding Tika and have pdfbox 1.8.9 so wondering if that
work?

On 25 October 2017 at 10:49, Sergey Beryozkin <[email protected]> wrote:

> As Tim indicated the 2.x line is not actively developed at the moment, but
> what is already there now is sufficient for the initial try (ex. with
> PDF/ODT parsers)
>
> Sergey
>
>
>
> On 25/10/17 08:30, Gethin James wrote:
>
>> I did have a look for the source, what branch is it?
>> https://github.com/apache/tika/tree/2.x doesn't seem to have been updated
>> since May.
>>
>> On 24 October 2017 at 22:15, Sergey Beryozkin <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I did try the modules in the earlier version of the CXF demo,
>>>
>>> see the right panel,
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/c2ccecb23ba23497c95be89
>>> f9b37f38c69faba7a#diff-b5ed531ebf92978dcbcf1ac6cc6331c0
>>>
>>> They should be available in the snapshot repo
>>>
>>> Cheers, Sergey
>>>
>>> On 24/10/17 19:45, Allison, Timothy B. wrote:
>>>
>>> We'll switch master over to the 2.0 layout after our next release, which
>>>> should happen shortly after the release of PDFBox 2.0.8...roughly in the
>>>> next week for PDFBox, next month for Tika.
>>>>
>>>> We have abandoned keeping the current 2.x up to date, and I was hoping
>>>> there would at least be a build here: https://builds.apache.org/view
>>>> /T/view/Tika/job/tika-2.x/, but there isn't a clean build there.
>>>>
>>>> So, unfortunately, for now, your best bet is to build it yourself from
>>>> source.  Sorry.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>> From: Gethin James [mailto:[email protected]]
>>>> Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 12:19 PM
>>>> To: [email protected]
>>>> Subject: Tika 2 parsers
>>>>
>>>> Hi, I am interested in trying the more modular approach of using the
>>>> Tika
>>>> 2 parsers.  Are the Tika 2 artifacts available in a maven repo
>>>> somewhere?
>>>> Is the any documentation on how to use them or how they differ from
>>>> Tika 1?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Gethin.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>

Reply via email to