On Tue, 27 Feb 2018, lewis john mcgibbney wrote:
I don't know when it was introduced, by I see the following, rather
annoying WARNING messages in many logs now.

IIRC we're changing those to ignore in Tika 2.x, but as we always warned for missing parsers / missing parser classes in 1.x we can't really change the default without surprising people

I feel that these should not be WARNING e.g. what if I don't want any of
them to be initiated... which is exactly the case over when we use Tika in
Apache Any23.

Just set the load error handler to ignore, and you won't be notified of anything missing. (It's then up to you to ensure you didn't miss any classes or jars you wanted!)

eg in a Tika config:
<properties>
  <service-loader loadErrorHandler="IGNORE"/>
</properties>

See also https://tika.apache.org/1.17/configuring.html#Load_Error_Handling

Nick