Not sure I have an opinion, though I’ll note that many of the PR’s in this
project are driven by various vulnerabilities!  It’s a treadmill of updating
dependencies considering how many there are!

For example, the current failure is fixed by bumping the CXF to
<cxf.version>3.3.6</cxf.version>

Also, Lewis, I think we are on the latest version of the plugin?
https://github.com/apache/tika/blob/master/tika-parent/pom.xml#L382 suggests we
are on 3.1.0.

Eric

> On Apr 6, 2020, at 9:59 AM, Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 6 Apr 2020, Eric Pugh wrote:
>> Maybe this needs better documentation, however this is a “works as designed”
>> feature!
>>
>> To avoid the build failing, run mvn package -Dossindex.fail=false
>
> Should we maybe have this set to false by default, and only enabled on
> release builds?
>
> (We shouldn't have any at release time, but they will obviously creep in
> between releases)
>
> Nick

Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 |
http://www.opensourceconnections.com <http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> |
My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>
Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed
<https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/apache-solr-enterprise-search-server-third-edition-raw>

This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be
Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether
attachments are marked as such.