Hey Tim,

Just started taking a look.  The test-jar approach could work but I
recall I ran into some issues with getting access to some of the test
files inside the test-jars for some of the junits.  For many tests this
was simple but for some I think it would require larger functional
changes to the code that I was not comfortable proposing at the time.

Makes sense to try this path again and see if you can get further than I
did.

- Bob