On Tue, 9 Feb 2021, Tim Allison wrote:
Would we just swap to throwing an Exception if a parser can't be found /
loaded?

Y, that'd be my inclination.

Seems ok to me

what do we do if someone gives us a Tika Config
that references a Parser that doesn't exist?

My preference would be to throw early and often.  I don't want
problems to be hidden.  What do you think?

The only possible problem case I can see is a user with a heavily customised Tika Config, with eg lots of PDF and OCR options set, who for ease of config management wants to be able to use the same config on their "full-fat" and "skinny" Tika deployments. We could help them by giving an option, but then we're almost back to a load error handler...

Nick