On Tue, 9 Mar 2021, Tim Allison wrote:
Would this be better?

tika-parsers-basic
tika-parsers-complex
tika-parsers-¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GStreamer has 4 levels of plugins, Base, Good, Ugly and Bad. Descriptions of what qualifies for what at https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/ . I can see developers getting upset if we sling their hard work into "bad" though, and I can see a lot of users avoiding it without checking the details, so maybe not one to follow exactly!

I think 1-2 word descriptions are required, something like tika-parsers-networking-needed-medium or tika-pasers-requiring-external-native-code just seems too lengthy and unwieldy.

Anyone know any other open source projects with plugin collections, where we might be able to pinch ideas on groupings?

Nick