+1 on requiring Java 11... no problem there.

Can you clarify what exactly "require jakarta" means? Tika will link to dependencies that happen use jakarta package names, but will have no problem running in a javax container (such as Tomcat 9.0.x) with javax libraries present? Or something else?

Thanks,
Adam