Hello all,

If you've been on the gremlin-users list for a while, you'll know that
there are some really good, high-quality answers to questions.
Unfortunately, the knowledge that they impart is often lost in long threads
and the endless archives of google groups. If you read enough of the kinds
of questions that are answered, patterns definitely emerge and the same
questions are just answered over and over in different ways.

We noticed that in TinkerPop 2.x and with GremlinDocs.com we had a
"recipes" section that had common Gremlin traversal patterns discussed in
it. We now have something similar in TinkerPop 3.x - Gremlin Recipes:

http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/3.2.1-SNAPSHOT/recipes/

I personally still have a fairly long list of links to "good answers" from
the mailing list, that I intend to translate into "recipes" over time, but
we have a good start for now. If someone (Kuppitz) feeds you a good answer
on the mailing list, a nice "thank you" would be to write up a recipe based
on your question and submit it as a PR. Notes for how to do that are at the
bottom of the recipes page.

I think recipes are going to be a great resource for developers who are
trying to learn more about complex traversal patterns.

Bon appétit

Chef Stephen

[image: Inline image 1]