Dear devs,

I was thinking recently that we could add a deprecation warning
message on top of all former Github Wiki pages and warn visitors that
a new version of TinkerPop is available. I think this was also brought
up recently on the mailing list so I'm opening a discussion here.

I feel that some newcomers are still hitting old school TinkerPop 2
material when google'ing for graphs, Gremlin and TinkerPop. Adding a
warning message on top of old Wiki pages pointing them to the freshest
development on the Apache TinkerPop website could certainly help.

If everyone agrees, I'm volunteering to git clone the Wiki on all
repositories and edit all pages. As Stephen noted on HipChat, it's as
simple as following these steps:
https://help.github.com/articles/adding-and-editing-wiki-pages-locally/

Here's an example of such header we could add:

https://gist.github.com/jbmusso/802cf97ceb20547ba6abf0b4112ac3ee

Thoughts? Feel free to iterate. The wording could be improved.

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste