Github user spmallette commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/351

    I thought that java integer would be implied. I believe that if we wrote a
java short for example it would type to a "Short" then you would know what kind
of number it is.

    We purposely went away from the fully qualified class name which really
doesn't mean much to non-JVM languages in favor of the more brief and less
scary simple name - I thought we had decided that a smaller byte size for the
network outweighed the downside of being less specific about the type. no?

    > I would also like to point out that this format
[{"@class":"java.lang.Integer"}, 1] can be a pain in systems that do not
necessarily order lists.

    I seem to remember that we discussed that before but don't remember the
outcome - @newkek do you remember what was said?

---
with INFRA.
---