Now that gremlin-python has been merged to master, you might wonder about
what this has done to our build/release process. Well, not very much. If
you do your standard

mvn clean install

on master right now you should see that everything builds and is good to go
- even gremlin-python. So, everything is good, right? right? well, yes and
no.

The "yes" aspect here is that the entire project still builds with maven
which keeps our build toolchain simple. Users can just have java installed
as they always did and still get a clean build of TinkerPop. The "no"
aspect is that native python tests (and if you were deploy,
packaging/deployment tasks) did not execute.

What's good however is that even the native python build tasks are still
just part of the maven toolchain. You just need to have python 2.x
installed and, if you do, build with:

mvn clean install -DglvPython

You will now see in your output the results of native pytest execution. I
think this approach almost sets the basic pattern for future GLVs. I'd
prefer to not have -glvPython to some degree and simply detect python on
the system and then execute natively if it can, but then i think about what
happens as we add more GLVs and then i sorta like the idea of having the
specific option to turn things on and off.