Github user spmallette commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/478

    > Why do you ignore promise tests for GroovyTranslator and JavaTranslator.
Seems we would want that to work as well.

    I thought I was getting errors because of the lambda i use to simulate a
slow script. Should that work?

    > Why not have a PromiseTest in the process computer and process standard
suites? It would be good to know that computer tests (which wrap a
CompletableFuture too!) work as expected.

    There is a test in the process standard suite:

https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/478/files#diff-37e31635f13d54b33745544db66cc590R282

    `CoreTraversalTest` executes as part of the `ProcessStandardSuite`. Is that
sufficient? Should I add something extra for computer tests too?

    > We should probably get Gremlin-Python set up on this branch before
merging into tp32/. I can write the code, I just don't know much about promises
nor how to do them in Python.

    I wouldn't mind writing the code.  As I mentioned in the comment, I just
knew there would be discussion required to get it done. My limited reading on
the subject made it seem like there are difference between how it would be
implemented in python 3.x and 2.x as well. note sure if @davebshow has a minute
to shed any light on this.

---
with INFRA.