Github user spmallette commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/468

    3.3.0 has been discussed as one for breaking changes so I think we should
come away with a release that is free of deprecation if we can. I think we
should just be methodical about it and not throw in too many breaks at once
(i.e. per milestone release). That's why i started with easy stuff that
probably won't break anyone at all. I have a few more like that.

---
with INFRA.
---