There is also the possibility of decoupling neo4j-gremlin from the
neo4j-tinkerpop-api-impl version.  The neo4j-tinkerpop-api hasn't changed
in all this time.  With that, neo4j-gremlin could be installed by default.
Then it would be up to the user to install the desired
neo4j-tinkerpop-api-impl version which not only makes it more flexible but
I think makes it a little more intuitive.  I think that can be done by
simply removing the manifest Gremlin-Plugin-Dependencies entry.  I can look
into more if you agree this is a good direction.

Robert Dale