Thank you for submitting that patch and you did submit it to the right
place if you want the 3.1.x line. You just missed the cut-off for 3.1.7
which will release in a the next day or so, therefore you would see the fix
on 3.1.8. There is no plan for a release date for that at this point, but
we usually release every two to three months so that should give you a
rough idea to work with.