Hi Stephen,

I recently posted recipes on the gremlin and janusgraph users lists to configure the binary distributions to work with a spark-yarn cluster. I think it would be useful to have the tinkerpop recipe included in Apache Tinkerpop repo itself in the following way:

 - include the spark-yarn dependency to spark-gremlin

- add the recipe to the docs so that it is actually run in the existing documentation environment at build time

In this way:

 - the recipe would be less clumsy for users to follow (no external deps)

 - the recipe would be maintained and still work after version upgrades

I do not have to remind you that many users have had problems with spark-yarn and that the ability to run OLAP queries on an existing cluster is one of the attractive feature of Tinkerpop.

This brings me to the question: do you see potential obstacles in accepting a PR along these lines? I will probably wait for some time until actually doing this, though, to have more opportunity to "eat my own dogfood" and see if changes are still required.

Cheers,   HadoopMarc