> So if I understand correctly the map is only needed for bulking so quite
often is not needed.

afaik, it is only used for bulking though it's hard to characterize how
often it is used - i suppose it all depends on the types of traversals you
write and the nature of the data being traversed.

> A significant difference.

The performance numbers are interesting. You don't get a speedup in sqlg
though when bullking would be enacted though - only when bulking would have
no effect - correct?