Github user jbmusso commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/695

    According to https://github.com/petkaantonov/bluebird/issues/1026, users
should be able to just patch the global `Promise` object in their application
with:
    ```javascript
    global.Promise = require("bluebird");
    ```
    I am unsure about other Promise libraries but I believe this approach
should work as long as they're Promise/A+ standard compliant. Maybe we could
also give it more thoughts and see for other ways to handle this in a future
release, but I think it's worth making the code simpler at this point. I also
feel it can/should be done at the application level.

    For Traversal methods, I didn't think about IDEs and you're absolutely
right about code completion. I think your proposed approach with
`callOnEmptyTraversal` works best. This makes me think that I'm pretty sure
people will want typed traversals with TypeScript or FlowType soon (thinking
about https://github.com/DefinitelyTyped/DefinitelyTyped here for example).

---