I just made an update on two issues that I thought needed to be done with
gremlin-python for release, specifically:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-1898
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-1895

if you're following along, i basically closed 1895 as a duplicate of 1898
as the two issues are related - ultimately, the issues is with specifying
strategies when a lambda is present. basically, i can't get the test i had
validating a fix to pass consistently and I believe that the reason is
related to something that is out of our hands - an issue in jython
processing varargs. Anyway, i don't imagine 1898 will get closed in time
for release, but personally, I don't think this is a massive issue to block
us from moving forward. I also think we have a reasonable workaround as
gremlin-python users should be able to submit their lambdas as groovy and
get a successful traversal execution.