i guess it is somewhat complicated. neo4j-contrib is not very active,
currently, as fas as I know there is only one developer contributing to and
maintaining it. the latest neo4j version used in
[neo4j-tinkerpop-api-impl](https://github.com/neo4j-contrib/neo4j-tinkerpop-api-impl)
 was updated to 3.4.0 in november 2018; since then not much has happened.

the feature implemented in this pull request would help us greatly in the
project we are currently working in, and my intention was to share it with the
community. as @spmallette pointed out, implementing it required changing some
dependencies too, which is why new versions of
[neo4j-tinkerpop-api](https://github.com/neo4j-contrib/neo4j-tinkerpop-api) and
[neo4j-tinkerpop-api-impl](https://github.com/neo4j-contrib/neo4j-tinkerpop-api-impl)
 were released a few days ago.

however, upgrading neo4j to the latest version (3.5.1) is quite another matter.
i am afraid i will not be able to do it in the next days. i will fix the build
(regarding enforcer problems) and update the pull request though.

[ Full content available at: https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/1042 ]
This message was relayed via gitbox.apache.org for dev@tinkerpop.apache.org