I haven't added this to the docs yet.  As an update to #1, even `__` will
render as a nested emphasis if there is a following `__` in the same
paragraph, i.e. sentences touching, not separated by 2 or more newlines.
For example, http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/current/reference/

The source is:

NOTE: The `AnonymousTraversal` class above is just an alias for `__` as in
`from gremlin_python.process.graph_traversal import __ as
AnonymousTraversal`

Renders as:

The AnonymousTraversal class above is just an alias for *as infrom
gremlin_python.process.graph_traversal import *as AnonymousTraversal

Should be:

The AnonymousTraversal class above is just an alias for __ as in from
gremlin_python.process.graph_traversal import __ as AnonymousTraversal

This is fixed by the same method:  `+__+`.

Source fixed:

NOTE: The `AnonymousTraversal` class above is just an alias for `+__+` as in
`+from gremlin_python.process.graph_traversal import __ as
AnonymousTraversal+`

Robert Dale