I think having a null literal makes sense. It plays well with existent SQL
providers, where there are representations for null:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.dbnull.value

I would propose another literal: UNSET. On some db providers, there's a
distinction between NULL, that causes a write to occur (overwriting
existing value), and UNSET, which is ignored at write time.

See UNSET ticket in Cassandra: