> Parse and we notify the response handler about the exception.

Will not because message is null. There there is silent error eating.

Could we just check that deserialized object is not null and throw exception.

```
       var receivedMsg =
_messageSerializer.DeserializeMessage<ResponseMessage<JToken>>(received);
            if (receivedMsg == null)
            {
                throw new Exception("receivedMsg");
            }
```

To check what happens in case of null array passed, in case of empty array
passed, and do property based testing for any other array passed. So it will be
more explainable failure than just eating null.

[ Full content available at: https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/1247 ]
This message was relayed via gitbox.apache.org for dev@tinkerpop.apache.org