HI,

Please, can any one help.  I've googled but to no success.

There seems also to be a problem in mod_jk , tomcat5, the  jap connections
build up slowly over the day.
The problem seems to be that the connection via mod_jk (Port 8009) does
not close, so the java/tomcat processes
will not quit after responding to the request (or the other way
around?). This problem occurs only in
heavy load situations. After that I see many open socket connections an
some tomcat processes that will not quit.

Has any one suffered a similar problem??

these are the worker.property settings

worker.insight.port=8009
worker.insight.type=ajp13
worker.insight.cachesize=200

# worker.insight.cache_timeout=60
# worker.insight.recycle_timeout=60
worker.insight.socket_keepalive=1
worker.insight.socket_timeout=60

# if the "retries" value is greater than three,
# there will be a pause of 100 ms between each retry
# so this would be a good value if your average response
# time is 1.7 seconds:
worker.insight.retries=20

Property for tomcat

<Connector port="8009" address="${jboss.bind.address}"
enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" debug="0" minProcessors="75"
maxProcessors="200" protocol="AJP/1.3"/>

Steve