Mladen Turk wrote:
Hi,

Do you guys find something that would prevent 1.2.15 to
be declared as stable that I'm missing?

I'll try to find cycles to test myself, next week.  I know I'm having
alot of trouble with the apache 1.3 build on odd architectures, probably
because the clash of a libtool-based mod_jk.so.1.2 v.s. non-libtool based
httpd 1.3. I'm working on cleaner autoconf against httpd-2.0 already for building mod_ftp, which will probably apply very cleanly here as well.

If not, please, let's vote that since it's the latest
release from CVS, so we can move to the SVN releases and
create a JK 1.3 branch we spoke so many times about.

Lesson learned in httpd-land, don't let this stop you.  One thing we had
learned, if you don't have a sandbox/new dev branch ready, then lots of
good 'new ideas' get forgotton months later when the new branch is finally
created.  Go ahead and branch already, if you don't place the files in the
http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/ tree till they are truly ready, users
won't be confused.

Creating http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/ is a good convention for such
snapshots and pre-alpha tarballs, so the bleeding-edge users can begin to
play in that playground.

Bill