Fenlason, Josh wrote:
Hey everybody!
I'm trying to build the native apr connector from Tomcat 5.5.12 on HPUX
Itanium and I'm running into a problem during the configure.  APR 1.2.2
built fine.  I built OpenSSL 0.9.8a as a static library (I couldn't get
it to build as a shared library.)

Have you been able to build apr as dso?

 When I try to configure the tomcat
native connector, I get the following error:
checking for openssl/engine.h... yes
checking for SSLeay_version in -lcrypto... no
checking for SSL_CTX_new in -lssl... no

Obviously something is wrong with your OpenSSL build, because
autoconfigure's AC_CHECK_LIB could not find SSLeay_version
function in -lcrypto.

Has anyone been able to get this to work? Suggestions on what I'm doing
wrong would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

I would try to build the shared openssl as first.

Regards,
Mladen.