Costin Manolache wrote:
I hope you are not serious... Sorry if I sounded too critical of the
APR code - it is a great
piece of code in many ways, I just didn't like some (probably minor) things.

Ok, but it helped make me realize I should maintain my own tree anyway, since my plans are a bit opposed to your refactoring. Also, I have medium term requirements which most likely are going to not fit with what Tomcat needs :(

If you have a problem with 'refactoring' - right now it is in sandbox,
and I can as well
change the package name and make it a completely separate connector.
And I'm in no hurry to
check anything in the main branch - the sandbox is prefect for me, so
no need to worry about this.

Yes, I guess I shouldn't complain too much about code which is being designed in the sandbox, sorry about that :)

> I don't like 'alghoritms that behave in sublty different ways', or
> duplicating extremely complex
> classes just for 3-4 lines of code that is different. I know it is
> simpler to write and probably maintain the code ( for people who wrote
> it ), but not easier to understand for me.

Yes, I understand that, but for me the algorithm is already a bit complex since, although it looks similar, the process method is completely different. Hopefully, it has no bugs right now !

Rémy